Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Whaaaat Party?

Okay, The Real World.  Okay.  We've been through so much together.  The Kevin/Julie race war, Pedro and Me, your companion series Road Rules that really was all about the journey.  Yes, you have devolved into a Myspace-ian morass but I not only forgive you time and time again, I continue to watch you!

But...

The Sun Drop party?
So, this is what's it's like to be young and chipper and totally cool with the cold hard truths of life.
  



 The...what?  And at the "party" a "band" is playing a "song" named (shudder) Sun Drop?
Actually, the song was named Don't Stop (Sun Drop).  I know you don't care.  I sure wish I didn't.
 I'm confused and scared.  Hold me?

Look, have the seven strangers lunch at Subway "by choice" in every other episode, okay, fine. At least while they're Subway-ing it up they don't talk about it.  Remember, the first rule of Blatant Advertising on Reality Television is you never talk about the Blatant Advertising on Reality Television.


Did you do this on purpose, The Real World?  Did you realize bloggers would get all lathered up over this, all fizzy like a fizzy citrus soda and write about it and in doing so write the words "Sun" and "Drop" over and over? I see, free advertising is your game, eh?  Well, fine, I surrender. I am your marionette, MTV.  Be gentle with my strings.

[Images from MTV.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment