Thursday, August 18, 2011

Portia de Rossi is beautiful and poignant. Also, I like words.

The word "arrest" just caught my attention.  Really.

It means to suspend but also to engage "as in arrested adolescence, an arresting portrait" -some book.  I like that.  A word that means being held back but can also mean being propelled into awareness.

Arrested Development is, perhaps, my favorite television show of all time.  At one point I was going to make my About Me say, "I like to write about TV.  My main thought about TV is Arrested Development.  This blog is all my side-thoughts." But, Wil (wisely, I think) advised me against this choice.  He thought people might not get that it was a joke and think I just left some words out. I am nothing if not paranoid that people will think I messed up and didn't realize it.

I saw Portia de Rossi on Ellen the other day and she said this lovely thing about how Ellen helped teach her to accept herself.  She said she realized she was already "perfectly good enough."  What a strong yet humble way to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment