Friday, August 12, 2011

The Time I Realized I Have at Least One Thing in Common with Donald Glover



This screenshot of Community makes me inordinately happy.  I just looked up "inordinately" to make sure it means what I thought it meant and it totally, totally does.  
For one thing, it's LeVar Burton reading to someone from a picture book, so, that's instantly pleasant.  But mainly, Donald Glover does eye-bulgingly petrified flawlessly.  You know that thing people do where they kiss their fingertips as a tribute to a delicious meal?  I dedicate one of those to Donald Glover's eye work.

I recently found out that Donald Glover and I have a thing in common!  In one of his rap songs (is "rap song," like, a normal thing to write?*) he mentions liking Breaking Bad.  I like Breaking Bad!  So, we have that in common.  Just us, no one else in the world.  Okay, Wil too, but that is it.  Just me, Wil, and Donald Glover.  Yep.

I found two versions of the lyrics for that rap ("Untouchable").   In one there's a comma between sex and clothes and in the other there's not.   I don't know which is accurate, I'll leave that up to lyricsmania and lyricshall to hash out.  I'm sure, being the lyric experts they are, that they definitely don't not care at all.

"I like food, sex, clothes, watching Breaking Bad" -lyricsmania.com


"I like food, sex clothes, watching Breaking Bad" -lyricshall.com


sex clothes.  hee.


 p.s. I don't know if he's kidding about liking Breaking Bad.  I hope he's not.  It's a quality show.  It has all the best things like sublimating rage through mineral collecting and prize-winningly large eyebrows. If you enjoy Breaking Bad as much as Donald Glover and I do I highly recommend BestWeekEver's recaps,  They are so choice. 


* I'm nerdy like Donald Glover :)?  No.  He's nerdy-cool and I'm just nerdy-misanthropic-weird. 



[image via www.popsanctum.com]

1 comment:

  1. I really need to catch up on Breaking Bad. I think I'm several seasons behind at this point, and it was totally my favorite show for a long time running. Right now, I am rewatching the X-Files. In retrospect, there are several episodes that totally look like they were shot by the guy who did "The Red Shoe Diaries," which really cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete