Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mindy and Kelly

I just found out that Mindy Kaling has a new blog, The Concerns of Mindy Kaling, which is good news because I heart her so much. Her whole cute, smart, un-cynical, jealousy-inducing-amount-of-talent thing makes me want to heart things (and cry a little).

She also has a book coming out soon which I will undoubtedly read most of at Barnes and Noble, feel guilty about and end up buying.  Overall, Mindy Kaling is doing great. 
Mindy Kaling looking gorgeous.
But what has happened to Kelly Kapoor? I'm worried about Kelly Kapoor.  Kelly Rajnigandha Kapoor (she hates it!).  

Kelly has seemed kind of sullen to me this season. When she does speak anymore, which is rare, she is usually complaining about something. Who is this dour new Kelly who does things like calmly point out that a pizza party needs another component besides pizza to be a party? Yes, she participated in the planking, somehow getting stuck on top of a bookshelf and unable to get down. Classic Kelly! But, remember when she hugged a pile of bras at Victoria's Secret? Remember when she spontaneously started dancing when Michael and Andy sang "Stayin' Alive" during the CPR demonstration? Fashion show at lunch?

Kelly singing "We Belong."
I miss that Kelly. I want her giddy and gossipy again. I want her to take a seriously considered stance on Beyonce's pregnancy scandal.   Is she still upset about her brief marriage to Ryan that ended in non-amicable divorce a week later? Did that really happen? Wikipedia thinks it did.  I just hope she's okay.

[photos: Go Fug Yourself and NBC]

No comments:

Post a Comment