Monday, June 27, 2011

a hankering for Celebrity Rehab can only be satisfied by mainlining Celebrity Rehab

A few days ago, I read Jamie-Lynn Sigler's cute essay about burning out on reality shows on HelloGiggles http://hellogiggles.com/reality-tv-have-i-reached-my-limit.  You probably know Sigler from The Sopranos but I like to think of her from her cameo on How I Met Your Mother playing a teacher by day, woo girl by night.  By the by, the title of that episode is "Woooo!" with four "o"s.  Someone got to choose that number of "o"s and have them be in the title of a sitcom episode forever.  Neat, right?
Anyway, Sigler's post made me think maybe I could use a break from "reality."  Sometimes even I get bored of catch phrases and schadenfreude.  Also, when all the Housewives speak at the exact same time, it creates a wild and irritating cacophony that rings in my ears.
On the other hand, Celebrity Rehab is back and I need to know why Bai Ling is on a roof in the promo!  (I thank The Fug Girls for conditioning me to care about her.)  I will always have a fondness for Dr. Drew  because of listening to Loveline in high school, but his role in the media has gotten...questionable?  For a second I thought I remembered him wedging himself into Britney Spears' breakdown but then I realized that was Dr. Phil.  But couldn't you almost imagine it was Dr. Drew?
If you are looking work through feelings of guilt about Celebrity Rehab or work towards quitting it, I support you and suggest you read EW's review http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/27/celebrity-rehab-season-premiere/.  But, I'm really not ready for that, so I'll be taking Bai Ling's On a Roof flavored goofballs all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment