Saturday, June 25, 2011

my second glimpse into Whitney Port's psyche

(I don't use twitter so my take on tweets will probably sound stale and weird and off.  I mean, I'm about to type out a tweet I saw a picture of on Jezebel.  So...yeah.)

This strange tweet was tweeted by Whitney Port. You know, Whitney Port from The Hills and The City and Bein' Impossibly Tall and Skinny.  She had the power to gentrify entire neighborhoods just by walking through them.  True story.

I urge you to read this tweet of hers way too many times.
"In my world, today is Fat Free Friday!  Everything is fat free!  Not really, but that's the kind of mental state I'm in!" -(whitneyEVEport)
See, the thing is, first she declares that in her "world" there will be no eating of fat for the day.  That's all fine and good (not the best plan nutritionally, in my opinion, but to each his own).  But then she says it's not "really" Fat Free Friday after all.  But then she says she is in the "mental state" of it being Fat Free Friday.

So...did she eat fat or not?!?  I need to knowww!

(edit- Wil disagrees with how I interpreted the tweet.  He thinks Whitney meant she was pretending everything had no fat for the day.  To that I say, "oh" and walk away quietly and console myself by remembering that eating fat free is still a misguided, 90s goal.  Snackwells, anyone?)

That was my second glimpse into Whitney Port's psyche.  The first was when I read somewhere (probably also Jezebel) that she had never tasted pasta because the texture "irked" her.  Finding out that some one has never tasted something, especially something really common, is intriguing.  Like they've led some rarefied life in which something fragile like specific-food virginity can be preserved for decades.

1 comment:

  1. But, then, how does she know about the texture without putting it in her mouth? Does she just feel it with her fingers, then decide she doesn't want it in her mouth? That's super weird.

    ReplyDelete