Monday, June 20, 2011

The TV version of warm milk

Did you know that CBS plays reruns of The Hills in the middle of the night every Saturday and that Lauren Conrad's gentle, square face soothes my middle of the night anxieties?
Lauren Conrad was anxious too, once, when that camera tried to eat her.
Technically, they play these The Hills episodes in the wee morning hours (around 2-4 am) on Sundays.  But, it feels like "the middle of the night" because it's dark and confusing and it hurts your blurry eyes to look at the screen at first (especially the dazzling brightness of The Hills).

I like the idea of someone else, maybe someone drunkover (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drunkover) discovering this for the first time.  Maybe they would feel excited and think it was some kind of mistake.  A beautiful mistake!  They would watch an episode and when it ended, another would start.  In their heart of hearts they would dare to ask, could there be another?  And there would be!  Are they just going to play The Hills all damn day, this drunkover would wonder?  The answer is no.  They will only play five of them.  Don't be greedy.

Apparently CBS and MTV are sister corporations which is kind of adorable and makes me wish they could do dance numbers together (never were there such devoted sisters...).  Anyway, I guess that has something to do with CBS playing a canceled MTV reality show before dawn?  But mainly, I think they do it for all the drunkover girls with anxieties.
"Girl, you drank too much.  I forgive you though."
I think they used to play My So-Called Life during this same chunk of airtime.  They used to be my absolute favorite thing to forget about and be greeted by like a hug on the random Sunday morning when I couldn't sleep.
[images via www.thehollywoodgossip.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment